- Indigenous Rights/Solidarity; especially Ohlone-Miwok in the Bay Area
- Racism and White Privilege in the Church; Faith in Community (Fresno); former co-convener of the NCNC UCC’s Multi-Racial, Multi-Cultural Transformation Team
- LGBTQ Rights and Marriage Equality; UCC Representative at Gwen Araujo (transgender) events
- Interfaith Relations; Hayward/Castro Valley URI Circle founding member
- Human Rights in the Philippines; 2010 International Elections Monitor
- Inmates, Former Inmates and their Families
- Women’s Rights
RECENT TEACHING EVENTS
- “Suicide Prevention Panel”, public event, coordinator, First Congregational Church of Martinez, 2017
- “Praying with a Home Altar” workshop, NCNC UCC Annual Gathering, 2017
- “Leadership Retreat”, Steadfast Covenant Community Church, Vallejo, California, 2016
- “Discerning Spirits”, 4-week training for clergy in transition, Fresno, California, 2015
- “Jesus’ Adaptive Leadership” visioning retreat, California Council of Churches/IMPACT board members and staff, Berkeley, California, 2015
- “Church Size Theory and Jesus’ Ministry” training, United Japanese Christian Church, Clovis, California, 2015
- “Discerning Shared Values”, United Japanese Christian Church and property users, Clovis, California, 2014
- “Clergy Ethics for Lay Leaders” Training, Sequoia Association and NCNC Annual Gathering, 2014
· An Oasis in Time: How a Day of Rest Can Save Your Life, by Marilyn Paul. Interviewee. Rodale. 2017.
· “Northern California-Nevada Conference of the United Church of Christ News,” various articles, 2016.
· “Selma Japanese Mission Church” entry in Asian American Religious Cultures, Lee, Matsuoka, Yee, and Nakasone, Editors. ABC-CLIO Greenwood. 2015.
- All Whom God Has Joined: Resources for Clergy & Same-Gender Loving Couples, by Tigert and Tirabassi. Major contributor. Pilgrim Press. 2010.
(Photo: 2010 in Manilla, Phillippines with People’s International Observer Mission Team.)